ANTHONY JOSHUA is planning to fight abroad for the first time as a professional – with bouts against David Haye and Deontay Wilder looking highly likely.
Joshua faces mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev on Saturday, October 28 to retain his WBA (Super) and IBF heavyweight titles.
The showdown at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium will be the 27-year-old’s first since his incredible 11th-round victory against Wladimir Klitschko in April.
All 19 of Joshua’s professional bouts have been on British soil and have all ended in knockout wins for the world heavyweight champion.
But after the Pulev clash he could be set to cash in on some lucrative ties- with Las Vagas and the Middle East being touted as possible locations.
Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn has revealed that talks are ongoing and he wants the stakes to be higher than ever with a unification fight potentially in the offing.
“I think Anthony’s next fight after Pulev will be abroad,” Hearn said. “Maybe Las Vegas, maybe the Middle East.
“Then his next fight after that will be a unification — and I want the Wilder fight.
“It’s all there for Anthony, and he just has to keep winning. But first, let’s deal with the Pulev fight.”
Joshua’s camp are still waiting on clarification from the WBA to see if he has to face banned fighter Luis Ortiz, who tested positive for a banned substance during a drugs test last month.
Ortiz had been set to fight Wilder in New York on November 4 until he was slapped with the ban.
Anthony Joshua knocked out Wladimir Klitschko in his last fight
But the Cuban protests his innocence and there is a chance the suspension could be overturned, according to his camp.
Nevertheless, Hearn wants the whole situation sorted out sooner rather than later.
“I don’t know what’s happening,” he said.
“The WBC say they won’t sanction the Wilder fight, [but] Ortiz’s lot say they are about to be cleared.
“The WBA have to rule on their position.”